Dark Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake
Posted on:Saturday, September 2nd, 2017
There’s no better indulgence than a chocolate cheesecake, right? Well, lucky for us the ladies at Health Syngery have shared the secret to their delectable dark chocolate ganache and raspberry cheesecake! Looks positively scrumptious!
1/2 cup buckinis, ground to a flour
1/4 cup hazelnuts, ground to a flour
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp coconut nectar or raw honey
3 tbsp boiling water
1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup coconut nectar
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 cup melted cacao butter
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 cup filtered water
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbsp coconut nectar or honey
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp lucuma powder, optional
- Combine all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well until it starts to stick together (it is easiest to use your hands to make sure it is well combined).
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring-form cake tin and set aside while you make the chocolate ganache.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and then combine all chocolate ganache ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon approx. 1/2 the mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, prepare raspberry jam. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan (except lucuma powder) and simmer for approx. 5 minutes over low heat. Allow to cool before adding lucuma powder (if using).
- Spoon the raspberry jam on top of the chocolate ganache, and then cover with remaining chocolate mixture*.
- Return to freezer and allow to set for another 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Place in the fridge an hour or so before serving to allow to thaw.
- Serve and enjoy.
*You can also add a few frozen raspberries around the outside of the cake tin as we have done.