Dark Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake
There’s no better indulgence than a chocolate cheesecake, right? Well, lucky for us the ladies at Health Syngery have shared the secret to their delectable dark chocolate ganache and raspberry cheesecake! Looks positively scrumptious!
Shortbread Base1/2 cup buckinis, ground to a flour 1/4 cup hazelnuts, ground to a flour 1/3 cup desiccated coconut 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted 1 tbsp coconut nectar or raw honey 3 tbsp boiling water
Chocolate ganache1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours) 1/2 cup coconut cream 1/4 cup coconut nectar 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt 1 tsp vanilla bean powder 1/4 cup melted cacao butter 1/2 cup cacao powder 1 cup filtered water
Raspberry jam1 cup frozen raspberries 1/2 cup orange juice 1 tbsp coconut nectar or honey 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder 1 tsp lucuma powder, optional
- Combine all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well until it starts to stick together (it is easiest to use your hands to make sure it is well combined).
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring-form cake tin and set aside while you make the chocolate ganache.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and then combine all chocolate ganache ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon approx. 1/2 the mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, prepare raspberry jam. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan (except lucuma powder) and simmer for approx. 5 minutes over low heat. Allow to cool before adding lucuma powder (if using).
- Spoon the raspberry jam on top of the chocolate ganache, and then cover with remaining chocolate mixture*.
- Return to freezer and allow to set for another 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Place in the fridge an hour or so before serving to allow to thaw.
- Serve and enjoy.