Self Care Days and Slow Beauty With ONNE
Self-care has a different meaning for everyone; it can be just sitting reading a book to going to getting pampered at a day spa. Taking a whole day once in a while to practice some self-care can be the best recipe to reset.
Here are some of our favourite things to do on a self-care day.
Start your day with an easy flow to enable yourself to focus on the present to get the most out of your self-care day.
Take A Luxe Shower
While baths are great, showers can be just as luxurious. Light a candle, take your time to wash your hair and do that body scrub you have wanted to do all week.
Sitting down to a slow breakfast with some soft background sounds and your favourite tea is a great way to start your self-care day.
It's nice to switch off and go offline sometimes and not bombarded with calls, messages and what's happening on the socials.
Do A Chore
This might sound contradictory to the term self-care, but doing something small around the house can feel super rewarding. Changing your sheets, folding the washing or even something little in the garden can feel so satisfying.
Have you been wanting to start that book or even paint your nails? Then sit down and take that time for you.
Baking is a great way to fulfil your natural needs to be productive, plus it's rewarding and tasty.
Laugh a little
As they say, laughter is the best medicine. Why not sit down and watch your favourite comedy and laugh it out.
Slow down your evening beauty and enjoy the process. Taking the time to treat your skin is equally beneficial and relaxing.
To begin, wash your hands in warm water with antibacterial soap and tie back your hair. Begin facial cleanse with lightly steaming and warming up the skin. Apply Onne Clarifying Cleanser to the face, neck, and décolleté using slow circular motions for 1-2 minutes. Slowly rinse with warm water and remove excess with a warm towel.
Apply ONNE Moisturising Mask liberally. While you are enjoying the soothing experience of the mask, take some time to indulge in some herbal tea. After 7-10 minutes, gently remove the mask with a warm towel.
Hydrate and Massage
Apply a small amount of ONNE Complexion Cream to your hand and massage into face, neck and décolleté using the technique below:
• Begin by sweeping your middle and ring fingers down the bridge of the nose, following the shape of your face. Then, in one continuous motion, sweep the fingers under the eyes and outward.
• Next, bring your fingers over the cheekbones and sweep them outward. Repeat this same movement under the cheekbones.
• Moving onto the forehead. Use the same lightweight sweeping technique, working from the centre of the forehead outward and upward from the eyebrows to the hairline.
• Using the sides of each pointer finger move onto the chin. Sweep from the bottom lip down to the jawline. Move from the centre of the chin outward up to your ears.
• Using your pointer and middle fingers sweep from the centre of chin out and up to the ears. One finger should go above the jawline, with the other below.
• Next move down to the neck and décolletage! For these areas, perform light, quick strokes with all four fingers up the neck to the jawline to help to lift the skin, then use small, circular movements with the fingertips from the centre of your décolletage outward.