Why We Love Aloe Vera
You are probably familiar with the plant, it would be hard not to when the first written records of Aloe Vera for skincare dates back to 1550 BC, but how familiar are you with its benefits?
Each leaf of the Aloe Vera plant is composed of three layers. The innermost layer is a transparent gel made up of 99 per cent water and around 200 biologically active, naturally occurring constituents; vitamins, enzymes, minerals, saponins, salicylic acids, amino acids and antioxidants to name a few. Scientists agree that it is not one single component that accounts for Aloe Vera’s healing effects but the synergy of all the biologically active elements combined. This unique combination is what makes the Aloe Vera plant so special: It contains a variety of essential properties that complement each other and together have a wonderfully powerful effect.
This little plant of goodness is perhaps one of the most widely used herbal remedies for topical skin conditions. The reason being is this inner layer of gel-like components can heal the skin from a variety of ailments.
You have probably even used the plant yourself for sunburn, minor cuts, or small abrasions.
Below are a few of these benefits.
Helps to soothe minor burns.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel to small and minor burns will help soothe the affected area.
- While Aloe Vera helps soothe sunburn, it won't protect your skin from the sun, so make sure to apply sunscreen or cover-up.
- If you have scuffed yourself, you can apply Aloe Vera to the area for quick relief from pain and burning sensations.
- The molecular structure of Aloe Vera helps to heal wounds and minimizes scarring by boosting collagen and fighting bacteria.
- Aloe Vera gel absorbs quickly and aids to seal moisture into your skin.
- Aloe Vera assists in balancing oil production, which makes it an excellent natural acne treatment.
Within our ONNE collection, Aloe Vera is part of our hero ingredient list. Used as the first ingredient in place of water as the base for hydration and as an anti-inflammatory superstar. Along with the myriad of biologically active constituents, Aloe Vera is also able to penetrate the skin up to four times faster than water and can penetrate through all seven layers of the skin making it the perfect ingredient for the base of our range. The enhanced skin penetration ability also enables it to carry other active ingredients deep into the skin, to nourish and hydrate, and to heal more effectively. With the blend of Aloe and the other powerful ingredients, our products penetrate deep into the skin to work hard in keeping your skin nourished and healthy.
ONNE Tip - Add an Aloe plant at home so you have quick access when you need a hydration boost or for those small abrasions and burns. You can also find its other benefits for the home in our Edit on Plants That Help You Get A Better Night Sleep